What is peace? It is not an easy or simple question. It can provoke meaningful discussions with many perspectives and understandings. Everyone has their own definition of what peace is. We would like to invite you on a journey to enhance your knowledge on the topic of peace, where you will encounter various ideas and discussions to broaden your awareness.
Take a look at the photos and think about how they make you feel. You can zoom in on the pictures to enlarge them. Which of them most represents peace for you? Write your comments below. Afterwards, listen to the audio.
1. SCI Germany, Friedland, Germany, August 2016, SCI Flickr
2. A woman holds a cloth sign on her back that reads “Power to the Peaceful” at a March For Our Lives rally in Portland, Maine, USA, by Mercedes Mehling, downloaded from Unsplash.com
3. Man standing near smoke, Lyon, France, 2019, downloaded from Unsplash.com, source mediapart.fr
4. Berlin, East Side Gallery, Bundesarchiv, B 145 Bild-F088809-0038 / Thurn, Joachim F./ CC-BY-SA 3.0, downloaded from Wikimedia
5. Volunteering in Switzerland, September 2017, SCI Flickr
6. KVT Finland, Anjala, Finland, November 2018, SCI Flickr