Eid Hijazi street- Rashed Khader Building- basement floor, P.O. Box 618, Hebron, Palestine.
International Palestinian Youth League (IPYL) is an independent non-governmental organisation based in Hebron. The IPYL was founded in May 1997 by a group of young Palestinians with the vision of empowering youth in order to confront the various economic, social and political challenges facing Palestine in the context of the on-going Israeli occupation of the West Bank.
The reality of Palestinian youth is different from any other place:
- Israeli occupation is leaving deep marks on the Palestinian youth’s attitude and aspirations.
- Palestinian youth participation in public life is very limited and never on a decision making level.
- Uncertainness about the future perspectives and hopelessness reinforce the feeling of alienation, impotence and confusion among youth.
- To encourage young people to:
- Have an active community involvement.
- Understand the importance of democracy, human rights principles and international humanitarian laws.
- Develop a spirit of independence and creativity.
- Recognize and respect cultural diversity.
- Work with young people in the neighboring countries to achieve a real peace.
- To promote an end to discrimination and the respect of diversities.
- To assist Palestinian society’s underprivileged & marginalize sectors.
- To encourage equal opportunities in all social sectors, stressing liberal values, democratic principles, intercultural learning and community development.
- Youth Leadership and Capacity Building Initiatives.
- Voluntary Work Programs.
- Intercultural Exchange and Twinning’s.
- International Workcamps.
- Cultural Activities and study trips.
- Youth Information Center.
- Language Courses.
- Studies and Researches.
Get in touch!
This organization is reachable by email via this contact form. Don’t hesistate to contact them if you have any questions, they will be happy to hear from you.
Write to them!